CoD Radiant could not locate valid installation
The error message is obvious isn't it?
I wrote a way how to fix it either with original CD or without in my Patch 1.5 Tutorial.
"Setup could not locate a valid installation of call of duty."
If this happens the registry entries are missing.
If you got the original CD you can simply uninstall CoD and reinstall it again with the setup from CD.
If you don't have the CD you need to create the registry entries manually. Read below.
How to create Registry entries for manual installations of the game
This is for advanced users only! Please do not attempt the below solution if you are not comfortable editing the Registry. Damaging the Registry could be very harmful to your system. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
First make sure the Call of Duty that you want to patch is located in
c:\program files\Activision\Call of Duty
Also check if a cd-key is entered in multiplayer options.
1) Click Start, then Run.
2) At the prompt type "REGEDIT".
3) Click the "+" next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
4) Click the "+" next to SOFTWARE.
5) If you see an Activision folder go to step 8.
6) Right-click on the Software folder and select New, then Key.
7) Name the new folder Activision.
8) Right-click on the Activision folder and select New, then Key.
9) Name the new folder Call of Duty.
10 Select the Call of Duty folder.
11) In the right window pane right-click and select New, then String Value.
12) Name the value "InstallPath" without the quotes.
13) Open the InstallPath string value by double-clicking on it.
14) In the Value data field type "c:\PROGRA~1\Activision\Call of Duty" (without the quotes) then click OK.
15) In the right window pane right-click and select New, then String Value.
16) Name the value "Version" without the quotes.
17) Open the Version string value by double-clicking on it.
18) In the Value data field type "1.1" (without the quotes).
If completed properly you will have a key named "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Activision\Call of Duty". This key will have a string value named InstallPath with a data value of "c:\PROGRA~1\Activision\Call of Duty" and a string value named Version with a value of 1.1.