[CoDExtended] How to get started with CoDExtendedA short tutorial explaining what CoDExtended does and how to run it on a CoD1.1 Gameserver
What is CoDExtended?
CoDExtended is an addition to Call of Duty 1.1 which brings a lot of enhancements, bugfixes and more fancy things to your Call of Duty 1.1 gameserver. It has been created by php (Website: cod1.eu) and the current build is 12 (Oct 12 2014 12:24:05). It is currently licensed under the GNU General Public license.
Although there is a version available for both Windows and Linux, the Windows version is far behind the Linux version because the Windows version has been abandoned a couple of months ago and only the Linux version is actively maintained. For example the Windows version has no guid/xstatus, only a few gsc enhancements, no bugfixes and no connection message, which makes it almost useless. It is therefore recommended to use the Linux version instead to get the full stability and all features.
Is it worth switching to Linux just for CoDExtended?
Definitely, yes, but that hat depends on your situation. I would always recommend Linux over Windows simply because it has a lot more power, eats less resources, is open source and brings more stability and flexibility. It doesn't take more time setting up a Call of Duty server on a Linux based computer than on Windows plus the advantages you will get by using Linux are enormous - you will be happy with it. Our Call of Duty servers for example are running on Debian Linux.
Anyways, this tutorial only explains how to get CoDExtended running on a Linux Call of Duty 1.1 server. It does not explain how to create a Call of Duty 1.1 server on Linux, that would totally exceed the scope of this tutorial. If you have no experience in using Linux, consult a friend who can help you with it. You can also ask for help in our forums or at wy6.org - you are not alone!
So what does CoDExtended bring to my Call of Duty 1.1 Gameserver?
- GUID Support (Globally Unique Identifier) - the new status and guid's can be seen with /rcon xstatus
- Ingame ban support (see faq below)
- Various bugfixes e.g q3dirtrav, q3fill, q3msgboom, q3infoboom, callvote, etc..
- You can retrieve chat messages and commands entered into console by client (e.g. /aimbot 1) See here for more information.
- Adds full mysql_* support to GSC-scripts and many more GSC functions and enhancements
- Option to make death-chat visible to alive players
- Option to prevent people from spamming their player names by renaming
- Collision / Entity Collision and damage feedback
- Velocity altering
- Instead of self.angles you can use self getplayerangles() which returns better angles.
- Play player-animation(s) with a script
- You can see all the functions and enhancements on the official website
Installing CoDExtended on Linux:
Download the latest codextended.so build from cod1.eu.
Put the codextended.so into your /usr/bin/ directory. (You can also put it into your call of duty folder, it doesn't really matter.).
Open your server's config file and copy&paste the following commands into it:
x_deadchat 0 // Make death-chat visible to alive players? 1= yes 0= no x_nameflood 0 // Allow Spamming Names? 1= Yes 0= No x_nopbots 1 // New bot movements (only takes effect if "scr_numbots" is enabled) x_spectator_noclip 0 // Allow spectator to fly through walls (noclip)? 1= Yes 0= No x_authorize 0 // 0= cracked server, 1 = non cracked server (cd key required) x_contents -1 // important - for collision of players - default = -1
Start your Server with the following command:
LD_PRELOAD=/usr/bin/codextended.so /path/to/your/server/cod_lnxded + set dedicated = 2 +exec dedicated.cfg +set fs_homepath /path/to/your/server/ +set fs_basepath /path/to/your/server/
Make sure to replace all the bold parts with your own file names and paths. If you're getting an error while running it then make sure you have all necessary file permissions.
How do i know that CoDExtended has been loaded and is active?
When you type "xtnded" into the terminal, it will display the following:
Call of Duty Extended build 12 by riicchhaarrd A lot of thanks to kungfooman and libcod
When you type "xstatus", it will display the following:
map: mp_harbor num guid score ping name lastmsg address qport rate --- ------ ----- ---- --------------- ------- --------------------- ----- ----- 2 1325287 0 104 alien 140650 123.123.x.x:28960 4918 25000
And when connecting to your server, it will display "This server is powered by CoDExtended".
These are indications that CoDExtended is up and running fine.
Official Links you might also find interesting:
- Official CoDExtended Website
- CoDExtended - List of all GSC functions / enhancements
- CoDExtended - How to ban people ingame
- CoDExtended - Callbacks Tutorial
To see a list of all functions, enhancements and features, please visit the official Website at http://cod1.eu/forum-33.html.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Will there ever be an update on the Windows version?
A: An update on the Windows version is in consideration. However, it isn't sure yet when it will be released.
Q: How does banning work exactly?
A: You will need to be logged into the rcon (/rconpassword passwordhere). Once you are logged in, you are able to use commands such as:
- clientban 5 "Reason Here" ip - Bans the IP-Address of the player with the id 5
- clientban 5 "Reason Here" guid - Bans the GUID of the player with the id 5
- ban <substring of a player name on server> "reason" <ip or guid> - bans by part of name
- banip 220.127.116.11 - Bans the IP-Address 18.104.22.168
- banguid 123456 - Bans the GUID 123456
Remember that you can not ban a GUID that is "0", otherwise all players with the GUID "0" will be banned.
You can unban players using the following commands:unbanip <ip> and unbanguid <guid>
Q: Have a question i can put into the FAQ's?
A: Let me know and i will add it here.
You can contact php on xfire via http://xfire.com/profile/phpcod or on his Website at cod1.eu.