If you get the error "CoDMP.exe has stopped working..." follow this tutorial.
Fix: "CoDMP.exe has stopped working..."How to fix the "CoDMP.exe has stopped working..." error on starting CoD Multiplayer
This error occurs because a request to Activisions masterserver isn't resolved correctly.
You've got multiple ways how to fix this.
1st Method: Disable the request
By adding cl_motd 0 to your config_mp.cfg or to your CoDMP.exe start parameters,
you disable the request which result in this error.
Since the request is totally useless I really recommend this method cause it's the easiest.
2nd Method: Resolve the request to the correct address
1. Launch a simple texteditor as Administrator (otherwise you can't save changes)
2. Open the hosts file with it, this is where its located:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts3. Scroll to the end of the file and paste this into a new line:
3rd Method: Change your DNS server
1. Go into network and sharing center.
2. Click "Change network adapter settings" on the left side.
3. Right-click onto your Network adapter and select properties.
4. Look for "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)", click on it and select properties.
5. Select "Use the following DNS server addresses".
Now type in:
Preferred DNS server: 22.214.171.124
Alternate DNS server: 126.96.36.199
6. Save it by clicking the Ok button.